Best Steak in Town, Castell Restaurant @ Section 16, PJ

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , , , , , , , , , | Posted On Saturday, May 1, 2010 at 12:14 PM

After helping out Ee Lune on a photo shoot for Castell and it was a good experience and the restaurant had been into one of my recommended list of restaurant (click here previous post). Few days later, I received a sms from Ee Lune that the owner would like to host all of us for a review in her restaurant and I was so happy to go again.

Castell had been here for more than 30 years, yes, I seriously meant 30 years but not many people know about this restaurant as it was overshadow by the overhead bridge in front of it. This restaurant is famous for their steak, and a few signature item in the menu which is seriously good! Previously, the restaurant was run by a couple and they decided to call it a day for retirement, then they sold it off to a guy, and now Sheena is the new owner of this restaurant that had spend to refurbish it and it is about 3 months old now.

The owner also had the passion to bake as most of the deserts in the shop are prepared by her, there are one desert that I miss a lot when I was studying at Melbourne and she baked it and Sheena told me that what she have prepared for us in the list, my jaw dropped, as it lotsssss of food!
As Mother's Day is around the corner, this would be one of the choice to consider.

Cas



Cas (2)

Cas (18)



Cas (3)

Cas (4)

The pictures taken by me during the last photoshot and had been used by the restaurant in their advertisement.

Cas (5)

As the night is still young, we got serve with 'Bread served with garlic, olive oil and vinegar'

Cas (6)

Then the first dish of the night came out, by the look of ‘Crabmeat Seasoned & Stuffed Back in Its Shell’ is no stranger to us, its a mixture of east and west, it was perfectly fried till it was golden brown and using my fork to break it open, it was meaty in it, as they use the whole crab meat to stuff it in and mix with other ingredient. (RM19.90)

Cas (7)

'Grilled Portobello Mushrooms’Three Varieties (Mixed Herbs, Tabasco and Garlic Butter) at (RM15.00)

I just love this as it reminds me during my uni time when I joined bbq club that they this is actually one of the must eat item in the list. I just love how it is grilled till the flavor were add in till the mushroom absorb the taste of it.

Cas (8)



Cas (9)

'Mushroom Cheese Bruschetta' – 4 Pieces’ (RM12.90)

I am a bread lover as anything that freshly toast in it, its good!

Cas (10)

'Tomato & Basil Bruschetta – 4 Pieces’ (RM12.90)

Cas (11)

If you are looking for something simple yet appetizing, ‘Prawn Cocktail’Prawns, Lettuce, Special Castell Dressing (RM12.00)

Cas (12)

Cas (13)



Cas (14)

'Jumbo Prawn Bisque’ (RM22.00)

When it was serve, we were quite surprise by one huge prawn cut into half that stand tall like that and all of us were like, woahhh!!! And just cant wait to taste on it. It was as good as crab bisque that the prawn was very fresh, chewy n springy.

Cas (17)

‘Crab Bisque’ (RM18.00)

Is one of the best soup that we have had, as the portion is rich with ingredient as we can see a lot of crab meat in it till every spoon we scoop, we can bite huge crab meat and the soup base is very flavorful . Recommended~

Cas (16)

‘3 Blend Mushroom Soup’ (RM8.00)

Surely I do not mind to go for another round of soups.

Cas (19)

‘US Prime Rib’ (RM98.00)

Is actually one of the signatures for the restaurant that the Rib is amazingly huge till witch took a picture of it which is half the size of her arm. The rib was perfectly grilled with the griller burred lines on the steak, and it was cook medium rare as I like my steak to be. Later it was cut into cubes for us to eat and it was gone within seconds, by dipping the sauce given, it add extra umph in it, if you prefer to taste the original of the steak, it is advice not to dip with the sauce.

Cas (20)



Cas (21)



Cas (22)

After we finish the whole ribs, the best part is to suck on the taste and lick it clean the bone, and this is how we do it, Ken

Cas (23)

and Me.

Cas (24)

Strong aroma that makes people uncomfortable when it got served is ‘Stilton Special NZ/AUS’ Grilled tenderloin wrapped around a blue cheese melt with beef bacon (RM68.00)

Cas (25)

I am not a big fan of blue cheese or I would say I have not master the skill to enjoy blue cheese but in this restaurant, this is a must have steak for me. The meat is tender, juicy and soft and every bite of it, it just melts me. I cut a small cube of it and dip with blue cheese and cuz a small slice of bacon tip on top of it and its al dante. Recommended~

Cas (26)

As mention by Sheena, those who are not used to eating steak, her recommendations would be ‘Prime Fillet NZ/AUS’Thick, juicy tenderloin fillet with an amazing sherry sauce (RM68.00). as far as she concern, those who eat it never fail to come again for second piece. As for us, we had fall in love and craving for it. One of the best and juciest steak that I had so far.
Recommended~

Cas (27)

As some of you are not able to enjoy steak, worry not as they do have other selections to cater for you.

Cas (28)

If you are looking for a good bargain in the menu, then I would say you must head for 'Mixed Grill – Lamb, Chicken, Sausages, Prawns' (RM39.00). The portion is huge and with the price tag on it, no complains.

Cas (29)

'Grilled Lamb Cutlets' (RM38.00)

Cas (30)

'Grilled Kurau' (RM55.00)

Something different in the menu as most of the restaurant will usually use dory fish or salmon, well marinated and grilled evenly the colour looks good and the fish meat is soft.

Cas (31)

'Chicken Parmigiana'Crumbed chicken breast served with chips at (RM30.00)

I love it as afterfried the top it with cheeze and tomato purree to baked along with it. I dip it with simple chili sauce, it is flavourful~

Cas (33)

Previously I was craving a lot for spaghetti as I watch the Korean drama ‘Pasta’ and by seeing how they prepare and I did learn a few tricks how to see good pasta. ‘Creamy Chicken Pesto Linguine’ Grilled chicken, cream, fresh basil, pine nuts, olive oil at (RM24.90) is good, as it was creamy and flavorful that suits my liking.

Cas (32)

Seafood option will be ‘Spaghetti Aglio Olio with Grilled Jumbo Tiger Prawns’ at (RM27.90), the spaghetti is springy and cook just right, taste mild but has the umph of it.
When all of us said we are full, but there are always a room for desert. Most of the desert are homemade by Sheena as she made it from home and bring it over to restaurant and something I am hunting for are, Friand and Apple Crumble.


Cas (34)

'Homemade Tiramisu' with the based soak with Baileys and mascarpone cheeze in it, its there. yum~ (RM14.00)


Cas (35)

'Coffee Hot Fudge Cake' tell me, girls would fall in lurve with this piece deeply, as it is rich in flavour and eat it along with ice cream is perfect. (RM12.90)

Remark: it is quite sweet but one of the best seller.


Cas (36)

One of my favourite all time, that I had miss for very long time, 'Choc Chip Hazelnut Friands' at (RM8.90). I used to eat it when I was working in a cafe in Melbourne and not many places that serve this, and trust me, it was prepared hot and it has half melted chocolate chip and hazelnut in it. A simple bite with ice cream, just make my day~ Recommended


Cas (37)

I love the 'Apple Almond Crumble' with the level of sweetness is there and the top layer is baked a bit crispy just as I like it. (RM12.00)


Cas (38)

The desert do not end there as Sunny (Bigboysoven) was in the mood and a chocolate moist for us to end with it.. Oh. . my, his cake never fail to impress us.


Cas (39)

The great night end with imported beers with all my favourites, Leffe and Paulaner (RM 24), serve along with snacks, another great recepi by Sheena made from corn flakes, crunchy anchovies and curry leaves, something unique and flavourful to go along with beer.


cas (40)

If you feel that is above your budget then can start to try their Set lunch at a very reasonable price from RM16.50+

After the whole long list prepare by Sheena, that I can only say thank you, we all had a great dinner and definitely now, to go for nice steak at a reasonable price, surely this is one of the restaurant to hunt for.

Recommended~

Location:
CASTELL Restaurant and Bar
19, Lorong University C,Section 16,
Petaling Jaya,Selangor.

Tel: 03-7955 0532Business hours: 12 – 3pm
(Last order 2.30pm) and 7-11pm (Last order 10.30pm)

Prices shown above are subject to 10% service charge and 5% government tax. CASTELL is a PORK FREE zone.

Map

Comments:

There are 9 Taufu Eaters for Best Steak in Town, Castell Restaurant @ Section 16, PJ