Mama Mia

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , | Posted On Monday, January 12, 2009 at 11:28 PM

I have always wanted to watch a stage play, but always there is hard to find someone to go with. At last I found one. As I did blog about how happy am I when I got the ticket.

But definitely that day, I do not know where is Istana Budaya. When my friend told me it is here, I got shock and I asked her did we come to the write place. It seems like a building that got abondand. The outside view is Sexy...

Wow, this is what they declare a world class stage play building, whereby I believe there should be a fountain on the pond, well painted walls and nicely taken care off. The sight of the main entrance to the World stage play area is unbelievable 'Pretty'. No maintainance, dissapointed with the sight.


On the inside it is another story. This is my first time I set my foot in Istana Budaya. It is abit old whereby when you step in got that kind of old cinema smell. Miss the smell, anyhow I was totally impress on how the interior is.

The interior of the Istana Budaya is really up to the standard. Compare outside(very kampung style) and the inside is like so modern..

Previously did manage to pull some one to watch with me. Thanks Lys.

This is me, the Mama Mia wanna be.

In the show, I was sitting on the 3rd level, because did not manage to get the early birds. If I did I would have the good sits on the ground floor.

Anyhow, the whole scene is like what you seen in the Mama Mia movie, just that in the movie they have more scenery to look at, on this stage play, I am quite dissapointed as there are just 2 tall walls that represent as their wall and move around the entire play. I thought the back ground would keep changing, but comes to logical, the whole scene is on the hotel area. So acceptable in the end. If you know ABBA songs you will surely enjoy, if you do not know, you will sit down there yawning non stop like the stranger sitting beside me.
The lighting of the play is good, totally following the rhtym of the music, their costume I must say, it is impressive in the end. The whole play I would say is so so only BUT usually people said the best is the last. Their really best part of the whole play was in the end of the play. Whereby they sing and dance all the way, stiring up the whole environment.

Usually, when such a great play, we will stand up and clap for them, let me tell you of what happen to me.....It happen during the last part of the play whereby they start to sing, every 1 on the ground floor and lower ground stainding up and enjoying the songs sang by them and me and my friend stand up also.

While enjoying ourselves, suddenly I feel there is 1 finger tapping on my shoulder hard. It was the 'ah pek' sitting behind me, dress up nicely, looks like rich family with his wife, then I think the sister and the daughter. With unpleasent manner, he asked me and my friend to sit down in a harsh way. Then the wife stare at us like I have curse her family 18 generations deep, and sitting there like 'Guan Yin'. Then the daughter keep staring at us like with the look of no respect of elder. *FUCK!! (not like I dont, but depends how u treat me.)

With all the people around them standing, clapping and dancing all the way, just 4 of them sitting like a statue.

I was saying out loud, they from which kampung or planet 1..so weird eh.!!! 1st time come to play ah? or too old cannot stand.(they never take tong kat) so I assume them still very healthy as they look like mid 60's only. Since so rich why sit so high..their neck can patah loh..the daughter never take care of them..Pity them...really spoil my mood on the end. But still they rocksZzzzzzz!!!!!!!

Great show, great music. Big applause for you guys~

Definitely I would go for other stage play as previously I miss the Beauty and the Beast.

Comments:

There are 0 Taufu Eaters for Mama Mia