Tutti Frutti @ Sunway Pyramid

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , , , | Posted On Saturday, November 28, 2009 at 1:29 PM

Recently I went to Pyramid and meet up with Masako as she said she wanted to get a camera DSLR too and want me to follow her along. As on that morning went for food hunting at Klang and it was on the way so meet her up. After checking out a dummy camera at SenQ(if not mistaken) then I walk out and saw this shop, at first I thought the shop was selling refregirator but then I saw people walking out with something on their hand that can eat. So I walk over and kaypo abit only realise that it was a yougurt desert shop then only notice their brand name.

Never heard of the name before but never care and wanted to try, and after google it a bit and found out that this yogurt desert is from USA and a franchise around the world. Sunway Pyramid being their very first outlet and it will expand quite fast as this Franchise was recently purchase by NAZA group.



When I look back at this picture, I still think that from this side view witout looking at the counter it still look like a place selling refregirator..kekek

First step you will take a cup from the side area, ranging from small to big and then you will head to these machines to pump out your favourite choice of yogurt flavor or you can mix around. It feels like you are working inside the MacD kiosk ice cream counter.

7 flavours are available at the moment.

Masako pump out 3 flavours, Chocolate, Lychee and Original.
I love 3 of the flavours, very flavourful with its own taste and the yogurt is very soft and very strong yogurt taste which I like it and did not overpower the flavors of it. It will be only my one time experience as it will dig up a hole in your pocket.

Then you head to this very next counter for.................


Choose and add in your topings.


You can end up with these.


and you definately must guess how much is this cup of yogurt as Masako as us to guess it too. To my shoking price it cost RM20. For such a cup it will be the most expensive ice cream yogurt I ever eaten. How it is calculated as below:

10g for RM0.53

With that kind of price this are the size of the cup which is the medium cup.

and its not full too and both of them said that, luckily it was not me that took the ice cream. They really understand me well. If for me I will pull the ice creal till very high and add on alot of toppings as with my understanding how much will it cost only la.

Then we saw a malay family came in with 2 kids, 2 of their wife's went to pull the ice cream too and they took a large cup each. They have the same thought like me, pulling it alot and high then top up with alot of toppings and then reach the cashier. 3 of us were very curious about the pricing and keep peeking on it and we start guessing, the same goes to the chinese couple sitting next to us, peeking at it too...

Their charges per cup was around RM39, they got shock on the pricing and ask their husband for extra money. 2 cups of frozen yougurt RM78... I believe its a good marketing strategy which is you cannot refund back the ice cream to them cuz you made it yourself and you have to pay for what you have done.

With their charges like that, I have to say that, they will be the most expensive yogurt desert that is even more expensive than Haegan Das and Baskin.

It sure taste good, but will return back when they change their price.


-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 8/10, Good~

-Stamped---Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
Tutti Frutti
Sunway Pyramid,
(old wing, near to Giant Area that side)

Comments:

There are 8 Taufu Eaters for Tutti Frutti @ Sunway Pyramid