Tong yuen is All about Sugar and Gift @ Lorong Susu, Penang

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: | Posted On Friday, November 6, 2009 at 12:24 AM

I am a big fan of ‘tong yuen’ and few months back I have read on CKlam blog that she blog about this newly open shop and sure caught my attention. As every year comes to a Chinese traditional event my mom and my sister will sit down and roll roll roll to make it become round and cook it later and will always tell me by eating this means you are another year older.

A shop which is located around town area and with a lot of famous food around could be very easy to locate this shop.


In the menu, variety of 'Tong Yuen' available to suit with a few soup base.

A very classic chinese street decoration but in a modern shop concept would create you the ambiance to eat the desert.


It comes with a few sizes as the smaller version is the plain and the one with the big balls contain fillings in it. A very smooth round balls waiting to be makan and the sweeten soup base is just the right flavor. This would be the 'Lotus Seed Tang Huen' RM3.90

When I see the filling is 'Durian Tong Yuen' RM3.90. I instantly order it, and if they use the filling of durian puree would taste much better on my thoughts instead of using durian kuih.



Then the lady recommends us to order this their dry version as one of the unique item on the shop. Added another item in our list. When it got serve, we never thought that it would be serve this way. A very new presentable way to serve tong yuen. 'Lotus Seed Tau Sar' RM3.20

Its Ying yeong, with two different flavor. I like it a lot with the soft skin texture and the solid soft filling inside is just as good as what it looks.

-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 7/10, Not bad~ -Stamped-

--Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
All About food & Sugar.
No.11 Lorong Susu,
10400 Penang

Tel : 012 5320353

Business Hour : 11.30am - 10pm



Map

Comments:

There are 0 Taufu Eaters for Tong yuen is All about Sugar and Gift @ Lorong Susu, Penang