Old Winston Cafe Tim Sum Opposite KDU College @ Jalan Anson,Penang

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , , | Posted On Sunday, November 29, 2009 at 9:36 PM

If you are talking about school holidays or public holiday and any part of the hawker center you visit in Penang is gonna be crazy. As I was back during that holiday period and my dad were asking me to go for tim sum, its very hard to drag my ass up but then just have to cause its been a while since last breakfast with them and my dad ask me to choose the location. Usually our usual Tim Sum area would be Tai Tong as the price and the food quality definitely our first choice but since I have blog on that place and I chose to come to this tim sum place opposite KDU which is quite famous too.

As I forgot the name of this place as me and my friends usually called it Opposite KDU. If any of you out there do know the name please let me know. Thanks`

During holiday season, this would be the kind of crowd you would expect. To get a table, you have to learn to take care of your territory when people are finishing their meal. It is because those people would either ask their mom which is 50-60 years old or their kids to pretend to sit down then act like it was like they came first and wave to their family members to faster come over. This happens to me and I politely tell them that I was there already and the auntie act like nothing happens till the family member were there and told them the same thing and act like noting happen too. That piss me off and I scold them! Then they just walk off.

In this period of time, there would be hardly a cart that will be pushing around, and there is too, but when it will take a few rounds to reach your place. To make things easier you can just take a tray and directly go to their counter, to pick and choose those tim sum you want, would be much faster compare you have to wait.





Did not take much of the Tim Sum because wasn’t really hungry.. Just woke up not long and my stomach engine have not warm up yet.







My dad saw a lot of people ordering ‘Fish Head Noodle’ and he went to order too. Not a very good choice of pick as the soup is tasteless and taste like cooking it with boiling water with the added on of vegetable, ‘fried chu yau cha’ and fried fish head.

My sis wanted to eat the ‘Wan Tan Mee with Char Siew’ not my choice of it also. Quite pale in taste, yet taste a bit weird too.

‘Honey Dew Sago’ which is quite okay but too much milk taste and the honeydew in it is not sweet yet could taste the sugar syrup taste more.

As for overall, the food there is so so but really cannot deny that, the food there is very very cheap or would be one of the cheapest. As for us the total bill came less than RM45 for 5 of us and I did saw a table of 10, they have collected and filled their table full with tim sum that only left a small place for their plates and drinks only and cam whore with it.

If you are looking for a cheap plate for tim sum, this would be the place to eat in but you have to be on par with their food quality.

-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 5.5/10, so so only~

-Stamped---Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
Jalan Anson,
Penang
(Opposite KDU College)
*Non-Halal

Comments:

There are 6 Taufu Eaters for Old Winston Cafe Tim Sum Opposite KDU College @ Jalan Anson,Penang