Dorae - Korean BBQ @ Bayan Baru, Penang

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , , , | Posted On Friday, November 13, 2009 at 12:11 AM

Korean food, at times its hard to resist when comes to BBQ. To me, their signature is always BBQ yet when I went to Korea that time, it was not the case but in Malaysia, it looks like this are the kind of food that we could get, all under one roof. Honestly, if you ask me where is the nice Korean BBQ food so far on the island, definitely I am recommending this shop. Being one of the latest addition into the market it had gain its reputation quite fast and quite recognise by alot of my friends too.

As I always heard to get good Korean food was some where around Ampang but then my buddy Yeong brought me to this shop at Sri Hartamas and then now they had operated in Penang. My parents not being a big fan of grill stuff then I decided to bring and expose them to the little great environment they have there.

Their decoration is sure the same as the one they had in Hartamas.

Even the interior. The restaurant is quite pack and it is advise to do a reservation before you proceed, if not you will of course be seated at this lower ground. The very friendly boss is from Korea.
Ground floor setting is different from upstairs.

Upstairs they do have their own private room that would best for birthday celebration, client or family gathering.
This would be the place which we were seated. A very traditional Korean concept that makes you feel like you are part of the culture.

If you are a Saju lover, then you would not want to miss their selection, temptation to order.


For me, I am 100% sure that I do not know how to read Korean yet with the translation of English on the dish would not be perfect with picture illustration. It is easy for me to ask my parents what they want to eat and just point without actually have to explain to them what are the sauces or how it looks like.
Variety of meats are available and with different seasoning too.

Before the mains for serve, your table will be filled with all those small little appetizer to start of with, if you find any that you like, you can just refill any of the choices or get the whole set refill at your desk at no time.

You will be only left a very small place for you to ngam ngam put your own cutleries only.

Being a pork ribs lover in BBQ pit which is a must order item, 'Hanbang Dweji Wang Galbi' RM35

The pork ribs was well marinated and
The Pork Ribs was well marinated balace with some fats and meat, and after BBQ'ing for a while the meat is tender and its juicy. If you wrap it with lettuce and dip with the sesame sauce will add in the extra kick in it.
Being a fan of 'SonDuBu JjiGae' the taste is very appealing. Not that spicy as the colour looks like yet a bit of the sour taste accompany by a bowl of rice is a great companion. RM17

To me in BBQ, lamb is always a must for me which is 'Yang Gogi' marinated evenly and was cook perfectly by the helper. BBQ to its softness and the taste of the lamb is there with oozing of the after BBQ juice that had created by the lamb on the grill pan is just something we enjoy very much. RM35


The perfectly grill lamb.
Normal eater like my parents, they always prefer to have chicken, just in case they do not know how to enjoy the rest of the order. 'Yang-nyum Dak-Gal-Bi' RM27




After enjoying the first 2 great dish, then this had become something like so so. It would be better if they serve this first at least your taste bud can try something from okay to good.

At the end of the meal, you will be enjoying a comlimentary watermelon but we were enjoying our great meal there. My parents would sure returning to this restaurant again.

Here are my review on Hartamas Branch, KL.

-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 9/10, VERY good~ Recommended -Stamped-

--Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-
Location:
Daorae Korean BBQ Restaurant
15-2-G, 2-1 & 2-2 Bayan Point
Medan Kg. Relau
11900 Penang

Tel : 04 6402616

Open Daily

Business Hour : 12pm-3pm (lunch) & 5.30pm -11pm (dinner)

Comments:

There are 5 Taufu Eaters for Dorae - Korean BBQ @ Bayan Baru, Penang