Sushi Tei @ Tropicana Mall

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , , | Posted On Thursday, November 19, 2009 at 9:20 AM

I still remember when I was in Jakarta for holiday 2 years ago, my Indonesian friend that tour me around and they told me that, there is a shop I must try. One of the best in the states, then they brought me to Sushi Tei, loves their concept and their environment is totally different from any of the Japanese restaurant we have in those days.

Now in Malaysia, Sushi Tei is the latest addition in Japanese Food Industry which is orignate from Singapore , being new in the market which is situated in Tropicana Mall, easily to look for car park space and after meal can head to the cinema.



With their cozy interior design which is quite comfortable to enjoy your good meal as me and my friends were chatting quite long after the meal as it sn’t feel like we need to be hurry, this branch their interior is not as luxury compare to Singapore or Jakarta.


Their menu is not much different from Sushi Zanmai but of course they do have a few signature rolls here which I order back in Jakarta.

'Tempura Chicken Floss' Tempura is fresh yet the crust of it was well fried. By covering the chicken floss evenly around it. I am enjoying every pieces of it. RM6

Being a fan of salmon which when I dine at Sushi Zanmai, I surely would not miss this and since its available here, I am looking forward to try what is the difference. 'Salmon Mentai', the mayo is a bit thick which the flavor had overpowers the freshness of the salmon. Still prefer the one at Sushi Zanmai. RM6

'Ebiko' is like the fish roe which I enjoy eating too as the guy wrapped in front of me. That show's the sign of freshness. RM3.80

Squid has always been my favorite, but this is 'Tako Wasabi' already season with wasabi and its fresh. I enjoy eating it cuz its chewy yet spicy. RM6
In this restuarant they are more famous for their big roll thing as what I have been told by my Indonesian friend. If you thought of eating something different which restaurant menu do not have then I saw this 'Chiki Roll' by wrapping it with the rice round the fried chicken and sprinkle with sesame seed and chili powder flakes, it taste a bit spicy yet dip it with wasabi gives you the kick of it. RM18

This is how I ended up. Spicyness of the chili flakes yet with the wasabi dipping my tears also came out. Cannot tahan.

Stimm after from the effect.

This was one of the favorite that I was expose to during my trip and its available here too. 'Golden Roll' RM19.80 Fried hot from the wok and wrapped with the rice and end up with a slice of the mango. The mango was fresh and sweet that had blended well with the taste of the prawns and by dipping with the wasabi, just add the kick’ness onto it. Recommended.

As I prefer this shop more than Sushi Zanmai of course I will be returning to this shop more~

-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 8/10,Good to my liking's~ -Stamped-

--Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
Sushi Tei
Ground Floor - 16,
Jalan SS20/27,
PJ 47000
Tel: 03-7728 9299

Comments:

There are 7 Taufu Eaters for Sushi Tei @ Tropicana Mall