Papa Rich @ Kuchai Lama

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , | Posted On Friday, November 27, 2009 at 2:42 PM

I have always been wondering when I pass this shop no matter day or night, its always quite pack. It is that nice were the question I have been asking myself...cuz I have a very bad experience with their Sunway Branch. Till we went to lunch for the Shabu Shabu next door and they said, har..not that kind they prefer then we shifted to this shop and I start to say, weiii..don wan this shop can ah, then most of them agree here then what can I say some more. So just tag along la..


Papa Rich interior design is always kinda exclusive kopitiam concept as when I stayed at my aunts place at Seapark there are 1 Papa Rich also which is quite pack with people and the same with Old Town. Currently I would rate that Old Town main competitor is Papa Rich which had been mushrooming like crazee. Popping up in most of the makan makan area.

In the menu, picture illustration is even better than Old Town but the only thing to test on was their quality of food.

'Kopi Si Peng' was strong in coffee flavour but disappointing the ais is to much which for a few sips its gone. Left the ice-bone.

Their 'Kaya and Butter Toast' which is a bit different because they separate it out and let you spread it over yourself and the best part is the give you the whole slice of butter. The bread was bakar to crispiness on the edge and spread kaya and butter given is just very nice.
'Nasi Lemak' which the rice is cook with some santan which we prefer and the curry chicken is not that spicy, a bit lemak and the sambal is just nice. Not too spicy but eat along just pull up the taste of the dish.

I love their version of 'Curry Mee' which is very lemak and a bit thick in soup base. A bit spicy yet the soup is boiling hot which suits to my likings and I eat till sweating all over.

'Prawn Mee' look very disappointed but we were surprise by the taste of it. It was serve very oily base and we slowly scoop it off and left a bit which its original version should be and the soup base is very flavourful, taste like they had take the prawn shell to crush and cook with it. Its very sweet prawn shell base aroma and added in the chili making it spicy is just perfect yet its boiling hot.


'Dry Ipoh Koey Teow' which I find it nothing special to talk about as there are better ones.

I have lost the receipt but I can say that the price is slightly more expensive than Old Town but for this branch I definitely do not mind to come here again and its a good place for hang out with friends too.
My experience with Papa Rich Sunway Branch, click here.

-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 8/10, Good recommended~

-Stamped---Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
Papa Rich
Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park,
58200 Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
*Halal
(Opposite Maybank)

Comments:

There are 4 Taufu Eaters for Papa Rich @ Kuchai Lama