Pho Hoa - Vietnamese Food @ Tropicana City Mall

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , , , | Posted On Monday, November 23, 2009 at 11:29 PM

My first try on Vietnamese food was during my college time where there is one quite famous Vietnamese restaurant at Taipan, USJ which is called Vietnam Kitchen. Went to this restaurant quite frequent and I love their soursop drink a lot! Wondering is the restaurant still there and is the quality still the same? Till my very last exposure which I had a satisfying meal was at Pho Hoa months back.

Then recently got a chance to try out their food again, but this round I try out their food at the very wrong time which during 9th God festival which I am on vegetarian.Then my friends they request the kitchen to do vegetarian for me. I plan to go sit and migle around mana tau kena makan.

Drinks to start of with ‘Vietnamese Dripping Coffee’ and if you are looking forward to be caffeinated then this is a good drink to go after. RM5.95

Something thick and creamy yet not that sweet ‘Blended Fresh Avocado Juice’ not my type of drink but still alright. RM7.95

I cannot remember what is the last drink called but I love it, gassy, yet a bit diluted feel but with asam that pulls in the taste of it.

All of us waiting patiently for our food to come and been explain by a friendly host. He is really a great guy.

As I remember when I was studying in Melb I used to hate this a lot because of the vegetable ingredient that they use and my housemate used to ta pau a lot back because he work in a restaurant till my Vietnamese friend teach me how to enjoy it and now it had become one of my favourite.

'Summer Roll Shrimp, Chicken, Salad & Rice Vermicelli' RM3.95 per roll as it was wrap solid as it is and you must dip it with the dipping sauce(taste something like, 'Shrimp paste/penang rojak paste') to make it very flavourful. Mine this round was pure vegetarian roll. Still as good as it is.

We had a mini version of the appetizer is for food tasting purpose making sure we enjoy most of it.

- Lemon Grass Chicken @RM7.95 per plate of 4 sticks
- Fried Roll @RM3.25 per roll
- Sugar Cane Prawn @RM7.95 per plate of 4 sticks

As this round me on vegetarian,so got no chance to try out but only to see and swallow my saliva but based on my previous food outing, the sugar cane prawn was grill and very aromatic.

When it comes to Vietnam food, beef is always their signature. It would be best to eat with beef as ‘Beef Pho with combination of Steak, Brisket, Flank, Tendon and Tripe’ @RM16.95 which is my all time favourite that all the lembu spare parts are in there. The soup base is clear and sweet as it taste like the parts had been cook along in it for hours.

As today I am hunting for healthy food concept, the next serving would be ‘Vermicelli with Veggie and Grilled Chicken’(mine without the chicken) RM12.95. To best eat it is to pour the gravy in, and mix it around like rojak then you eat. Something light and healty which fill in your taste bud with a bit of sour, sweet and clear feeling for you. The chicken meat is to pull up the taste of the veggie which goes along very well with it as what I have been told.


My vegetarian version.

I love my fried taufu very much as it is, fried to perfection to my likings that the outer layer is a bit solid crust crispy and the inside is soft and hot yet the show the taufu with the Vietnamese sauce is just heavenly.

Besides that, they do have ‘Seafood Noodle Soup’ as I did not try out this one, so cant really comment much on this.

Lastly, we got serve with ‘Net Spring Roll with Ice Cream’, a simple ice cream with fried yam that taste very yammmy which makes a perfect couple. RM5.95.

When comes to Vietnam Food, certainly this is in my list to recommend.

Thanks to Richard for organizing and thanks to Sidney for inviting. My last review on the shop, click here

-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 8.5/10, Good ~ -Stamped-

--Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
Pho Hoa
Lot L1-52, First Floor,
Tropicana City Mall,
3,Jln SS20/27
47400, PJ

Tel:03-7728 1714

Comments:

There are 6 Taufu Eaters for Pho Hoa - Vietnamese Food @ Tropicana City Mall