Thai Pan Delights @ Kuchai Lama

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , , | Posted On Tuesday, November 10, 2009 at 12:07 AM

Quite some time ago, when I read at the Star, when always comes to the food section it always attracts me and I will save a few copies and in my wanted list in food hunt~ So this is one of the place that interest me as the area had always been in my list of food hunting. When comes to Thai food, who could resist with a great write up article. I have kept the article quite some time till in the end decided to go and hunt for it.

Its located in the heart of the Entrepreneur park and I could not find the place with the printed address and was about to go to next restaurant till my friend ask me why not give it a call, and only realize that they newspaper print the address wrongly which the shop is located on the very next street. A large sign board like this is hard to be notice.



A kopitiam style concept which is nice and clean that divided into two area with air condition and without. You can just feel the heat if you were seated on the outside.



The shop is still new in the area and in the menu they are offering the usual Thai food variety.



In order to cater the lunch crowd which is usually limited with their lunch hours, so they have come out with a lunch menu which I think is quite reasonable as with the pricing comes with a 2 pieces of kuih and a drink with main course. What can you expect more?

They kuih looks nice and as the lady that serve us is very friendly explain to us what is made off and also its fresh but after one bite I had not continue on second bite as it is solid in texture and felt like its had been left overnight, not to my likings.

I have no idea why I am obsess with 'Fried Pat Thai'. What I feel like its Char koey Teow in thai version, a bit pale in taste yet the noodle is abit strong and solid felt that its not well fried. RM7.50(Set Lunch Set) comparing with the price, I still prefer the one that I had in Pavillion Food court from the Thai Stall.

'Fried Glass Noodle with Seafood' as the glass noodles are a bit salty yet still taste not bad if they were to reduce the amount of salt or soy sauce. RM8.50(Set Lunch Set)

'Green Curry Chicken' is one of the best choice if you do not know what to order in Thai Food. When it got serve, all of us our face is like arrhhhhh.. why like dat eh, it was quite watery not with the usual curry which is a bit thicker, the taste of it is quite pale as we have tried better ones before. RM8.50
(Set Lunch Set)

With us are being very tam chiak I kept looking in the menu see what we can add on order till I found this 'Thai Otak-Otak'. It would have taste even better if its fried a bit dry but I just enjoy every bite of it.

'Fried Belacan Rice' something quite plain nothing to comment on. RM8.50 (Set Lunch Set)

'Pandan Chicken' is exactly what we are expecting, fragrance of the pandan leave and well marinated chicken that well fried and 'Thai Fish Cake' is something normal to me but my friend enjoy eating it. RM4.25 each.

In Thai food, it would be a lost if 'Tom Yam Soup' is not in the list but we were quite full and keen to try on and only request to the lady boss whether we can just get a small bowl of soup just to try on. Surprisingly the soup taste not bad, its a complimentary from the lady boss.

Desert is always in my hit list, and that day so nice that all of them wanted to try a few of it also. So we nearly order the whole range of it.

'Water Chesnut' is one of the signature in Thai desert something that I prefer, not too thick in 'santan' taste yet the ingrediant added on just combine the taste well. RM3.50

'Thai Cendul' looks like something new to me but it taste like bubur Cha cha. Quite thick in taste as what it is to be and its not in my list of favourtie as I don really like Bubur Cha cha. RM3.50

Among the other two, I felt that 'Thai Sago' is one of the best with the taste is nice, not so thick not too wattery and we ended up ta pau another 3 bowls for our friend. RM2.50

'Mango Sticky Rice' is also one of the signature desert that would always try on and it is fresh from the kitchen. The sticky rice is soft but if the mango were sweet enough that would be the kick of it. RM5.50


-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 6/10, So so lah~ -Stamped-

--Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
28 Jalan Kuchai Maju 9,
Off Kuchai Lama, 58200 KL.

Business Hour:
Mon- Sun 10.30am - 9pm.
Alternate Wednesday Closed.

Tel : 03-79840778

Comments:

There are 8 Taufu Eaters for Thai Pan Delights @ Kuchai Lama