Rojak & Ma Zhi @Gurney Hawker Center, Penang

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , | Posted On Wednesday, December 30, 2009 at 11:18 PM

When comes to public holiday or long weekend, this is the place that we locals Penang will try to avoid. First we will stuck in the jam. Second if we do go, its hard to find a parking spot. Third, if manage to find a parking spot its you have to fight for tables with all the local tourist crowd.

Gurney Hawker center actually had emerge as one of the hottest tourist spot for local Penang Hawker Food. You can get all the Penang favourites, Laksa, Char Koey Teow, Prawn Mee, Rojak and many more all in one area. With its open air concept and crowded area is what the ambiance that most tourist is looking for.

Last weekend which is Christmas weekend I was back to hometown and went to hunt my missing 'Ma Zhi' which I pronounce as 'Muar Chee' very much.

This is the Muar Chi stall which is located in the middle court area (middle location) next to the famous Char Koey Teow.

Busy preparing customer order and I have to wait mine.


Tadaaaa....my fav muar chi. Its warm and soft covered with smooth blended peanut sand crush top with fried onion is something I enjoy eating and I order it big just for myself RM2.

Next 'Rojak' of course in my list and by being one of my favourite rojak stall this is one the chosen beside GP Soon stall did not open and the one my all time favourite Macallum Street that added dry shrimps and peanuts..

Love my rojak to be a lil spicy and that is how he stir and stir.

and again tAdaaa....... my Rojak without cucumber and added meng kuang. Yummm....RM 5.

Again, this weekend I am going back to Penang for my cousins wedding and of course this place will sure be a disaster place again that is going to be pack with local and foreign tourist. For tourist, this place is a must go place to eat and visit. You will enjoy the atmosphere there. You will not get the best food here but just a great spot to be.

-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 10/10, A must Visit Tourist spot!!!!~-Stamped-

--Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
Gurney Hawker Center.
Gurney Drive.
Penang.

Comments:

There are 10 Taufu Eaters for Rojak & Ma Zhi @Gurney Hawker Center, Penang