Enju New Menu @ Prince Hotel

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , , , , | Posted On Tuesday, December 1, 2009 at 8:15 AM

Most of us we love Japanese food, like Sushi King, Sushi Zanmai, Sushi Tei till recently I receive and invites from Shirley to try out their latest ala cart menu in their Japanese restaurant in the hotel, Enju which being my latest adventure. When comes to Japanese food, hardly anyone could resist it.

If you need some privacy, or talking about business deals, VIP room is always a good option.


Not long after everyone arrive, then we were asked, you guys want any sake? I am surely up for this, who would want to miss that, enjoying a great meal of Japanese food and with sake definitely its a great combination.

Then we were first serve with hot sake, and this device caught my attention which actually the sake was actually heat up in this pot 'Charcoal Stove' and until at a warm level it was pour to a small bottle and only pour to the small sake cups. This is to preserve the smoothness of the sake and also the taste of it.

Ichinokura 'Junmai Taruzake' @ RM50
Moments after that, we were serve with 'Sawanoi' a Cold Sake. Loves the design of the pot and ask Sid whether can I steal it or not. Lol~

Till now, I am still learning how to enjoy my food with sake without knowing what is the difference of Hot and cold which is like Red Wine, White Wine. For me, I just love the taste of both the serving, smooth down the throat, not too strong yet I feel very warm after that.

'Sawano'
Then we start of with a appetizer that was serve instantly 'Akadashi Miso Shiru' that are prepared differently everyday.

'Tatami Iwashi' is undeniable good that is grilled baby sardine sheets , which is very crispy yet a bit salty and the next thing came into my mind was how nice if can take it with beer.

This is how thin slice it is. RM 8

I have always in hunt to look for nice 'Gyoza' and this is quite good with well pan friend on one side yet preserving the ingredient soft and juicy inside and dipping it with the soy sauce is good. RM15

Then we went off to the chef there to see him preparing the sashimi, impress by his cutting skills that just prepare the sashimi in a very short time.


'Sashimi Fuji' was well cut and prepare by the amazing chef...

'Chef Thomas' and his sashimi presentation.The fine texture, and freshness of the sashimi when was serve by the chef, it was gone moments later and some of them did not stand a chance to get a glimpse of it. Its like now you see, now you don’t.

'Enju Dynamite Roll' by its name, you will know that this will blast you off. It had blast me of for this very the first time, I see a roll with pure ingredients of fish roe, tempura, salmon and Japanese cucumber. What have you notice? A roll without a single rice. Just by dipping it with the wasabi, gosh…it would be one of the best roll I have eaten. RM22

If you are thinking 'Rock and Roll' will give you a roll, roll it up as it is one of their signature dish with a great combination of mango and fried tempura (deep-fried tiger prawn). RM24

Just love the presentation of 'Tekka Maki' with a small rice ball and top with tuna slice and with light sesame shake on top, eating it raw like that and having a sip with hot sake, is just something I do not know how to describe. RM24

'Gindara Saikyo Yaki' is one of my favourite dish of the night with its smooth texture of black cod, with its small meat insert to your mouth, it just melt into thin slices to your mouth. Just never had enough of it and wish I could have the whole piece. RM40

'Okonomiyaki', I would say its a Japanese Style pancake fried in with prawns, tako, and the bonito flakes topping, is just something you cannot stop eating while chatting and have to eat it while it is warm. When it is cold, it taste a bit weird to me. RM30

'Sanma Shioyaki' is one of the diet fish they called healthy dish that with a simple grill and squeeze with lemon is taste as good as it looks. RM10

'Shake Honey no Potato Salada Yaki'
Grill salmon with a bed of potato is something which I cannot resist. RM19

'Gyunku kushiyaki' @ RM15. Juicy and tender which is perfectly grill shower with japanese sauce had made me finish this by myself.

'Tori Katsudon' was drench with soy sauce soup base, which I was abit shock, that in my thought wouldn’t it be very salty yet it was not yet very flavorful. I hardly had any space for this but then still enjoying eating eat with the deep-fried chicken cook in soya sauce with shitake mushrooms, carrots, eggs. RM20

During our dinner, Sunny was mention on cold soba and requested to try out one. 'Santen Mori Soba' serve with a raw quill egg and watery soy sauce as I know need to pour onto the noodle and mix with it together then dip with the watery sauce. We tried out the first just eating it raw and then mix with the quill egg. Still do not know how to enjoy this dish. RM30

I thought our meal was finish and by stomach was bulging like 3 months pregnant till the serve 'Yaki Udon'. Very flavourful with the seafood aroma. RM24

'Ichigo Daifuku Mochi' had always been in Japanese menu, yet the home made style with strawberry buried inside with the chewy texture and not that sweet is something that I enjoy. RM16

Lastly, a occasion that we must celebrate which is Sidney’s Mom’s Birthday with Sunny (Bigboysoven) bringing his marvelous cake Pancake Marble Gateaux.

On that night, we laugh, we chat, we celebrate and every one was feed very very full, till for me, walk also a problem by using my hand to support my waist to walk. Shirley, have to thank you for your invitation. See you soon~

Photo credits to Ken(thanks alot for sending to me) and steal some from sloppychic.

-= Ka Ching =-

-Stamped---Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
ENJU Japanese Restaurant
Prince Hotel & Residence Kuala Lumpur
Jalan Conlay,
50450 Kuala Lumpur.
*Non-Halal

Tel: 03-2170 8888 ext. 8203

Opening hours: Lunch 12-2.30pm (Mon-Fri), Dinner 6.30-10.30pm (Mon-Fri) & 6.30-11pm (Sat)
Closed on: Saturday lunch, Sundays and Public holidays

Comments:

There are 6 Taufu Eaters for Enju New Menu @ Prince Hotel