Lorong Seratus Tahun Curry Mee @ SS2

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , , , | Posted On Monday, December 28, 2009 at 11:28 PM

When always comes to Penang food, most people would crave for it but with this famous hawker stall in Penang that now been operating in this area for quite some time where I used to eat here quite often when I was staying around here.

It has been quite some time I did not come to eat already and to my surprise they have change their image to more exlcusive to create another competitve market to Papa Rich and Old-Town.


This is their indoor area, which is now had turn to such a nice place more cozy.

They revamp on their menu look too.

Of course with such a renovation it does come down to one thing. A little price increase.

Order this '3 Colour Tea' RM4.50 each. Looks good but it taste something like teh tarik. To me its a bit sweet though.

I have always crave for 'Otak-Otak' and this shop of course do offer it here, it would not be the best I have had with its taste of a bit spicy and soft slice of fish in the middle, its not bad to kill my crave'ness but on that day I prefer it to be warmer.. RM5

This is slice of fish in the middle.

Of course here comes the signature of the shop 'Penang Curry Mee' with its very clear white base soup that taste sweet and pale in colour that filled with some shrimps, lala, cuttlefish and tau pok but I always like it to be.........

add on their homemade chili special for curry mee.

I have added 2 spoonfull till the soup base become fiery red. It is just the look not spicy as what it meant to be. To me, curry mee will not be perfect if without the 'huek'. The reason that they do not have it now is because this shop is HALAL now. RM6.50

They of course do increase the standard of the shop look but on the other side their quality drop which not as good as it used to be. Still not bad for local KL but if compare to Penang..its alot.

-= Ka Ching =-


Food Rating 6.5/10, Not Bad lah!~

-Stamped---Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
Restaurant Lorong Seratus Tahun
No.56, Jalan SS2/66,
47300,PJ

Tel: 03-7877 8757
H/p: 012-4067707

Comments:

There are 7 Taufu Eaters for Lorong Seratus Tahun Curry Mee @ SS2