Wong Tai Sin - Hong Kong @ Day 4

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , , | Posted On Friday, August 14, 2009 at 12:06 AM

Continue my very back date post. It was on the 4th day in our travel itinerary, that we have to wake up pretty early to go to Wong Tai Sin. For me, I always go to a trip I slept very little. Go walk around till very late, wake up early and walk again and enjoy my breakfast. So after every 1 got ready so my friend bring us to this shop…


This shop were run by this 2 lady, busy serving us that suddenly come with a group of ppl. My friend told me that the 'Chee Cheong Fun' very nice and also the 'Siew Mai'.


I just enjoy eating their 'Chee Cheong Fun add with Siew Mai' here, is quite different from what I had in PG or KL which is they did put peanut, chili, and sweet sauce. HKD12

I after finish the first portion and I enjoy my 'Siew Mai', I ordered another one. It sure do have the canteen feel that I ate when I was in primary school. :) HKD7

This is how I enjoyed my food. Pasar Malam style. That's y standing nearby the drain. So when the sauce drip will go in there not on the floor which makes it geli!

Location:
I just do not know where am I, so the easiest point for me is just take the picture. :D
There is a 7-11 next to it.

After a quick breakfast, we faster faster head to Wong Tai Sin, but glad that it was on Sunday morning, so the crowd wouldn’t be that much.

This is the only day that I have taken the train so empty as it was early morning and the best part is, you have to zoom your eyes very far till only you get to see the end part of it and I wasn’t standing on the other end, behind me there are still like 3-4 more compartments. Normally, the train is sardin pack with ppl.

Surely this train is much faster and bigger compare to our very own local Putra LRT or KTM Komuter.

Imagine, our Putra LRT x10 sardine pack like every morning rushing hour.

After short ride and exchanges of stations we had reach Wong Tai Sin station.

This is the exit that lead to the entrance of the temple.

We took a lot of pictures from the very eating spree till here and already took more than 100++ pictures already. Sot liau!


The main entrance that lead to the temple.


What my friend told us that, the temple really very ‘lenggg’ as what you wish for will come true. This is more real when during Chinese New Year everyone is trying to be the first and you have to squeeze through and cramp with the ppl as if you are the very first person to put in the joss stick what you had wish for is more ‘lenggg’.
It will be once in a blue moon I go for Tiew Cheam or shaking a holy stick which you were be given a cylinder that fills with a lot of sticks then you knell and start to tell the god what you wish for and look for a guidance. Then a stick will fall down and you have to go to a counter to take what it meant. There are good luck and bad luck.
For the very first time, when I Tiew Cheam, it happened very fast, just within a minute a stick fell.
more pics of the temple which I didnt capture : Wong Tai Sin Temple
So I remembered the stick number and went to claim what it meant, too bad it was in Chinese and have to locate a stall to help me to translate which is located behind this stalls.

The guy in that stall doesn’t look genuine as before me, there is a very young pretty lady and that guy told her that, ohh..your luck this year no good, then you have to do this and that and will perform a small ritual for you on the spot. Then it took place and it just took around 5 minutes for the whole process. When I saw the lady what she paid to that guy, I got shock. What the hell…this short thing cost HKD500? Wah lau eh..the earnings in here is even better than Doctors.

Then next, it was me and my friends turn, so I decided to let her go first as always ladies first. Surprisingly, what the guy said to the lady is nearly the same version as spoken to my friend. Then asking her would she want to perform the ritual or not. Of course we weren’t very superstitious, DON WANT Lah!!!! (HKD500…= RM250) cuz we were just playing around see how this kind of thing and ppl want to tell us. Then said that what she got in the paper is no good this and that

Next it was my turn, as the guys face had turn very unsatisfactory as knowing us are not ‘WATER FISH’ (people that are easy to believe on what the other person say or easy to be con). What he told me is the same as what he told my fried. WTF!!!! And we were very piss off… as my friend was behind me to help me to listen what he wanted to say cuz I’m not really good in Cantonese and for a translation in that paper cost HKD20. Totally not worth it and told the rest of my friend to try out other stalls. Wouldn’t careless on it lahh..just that dislike that guys attitude on trying to CON us.

What you seen in the pic is exactly converts on the back ally how many fortune teller are there.. The rest what my friend got is their feedback from it is more genuine.

As I always watch Hong Kong series that this ‘fan’ thingy is very good for luck as it spins, your bad luck away and bring in good luck. . . . So kaypo a bit and grab 2.
Both cost me HKD60 after a great bargain from my friend.

Next itinerary on the list is go back change and bath, head to Hong Kong most expensive shopping area. Central and dinner at one of the best Japanese restaurant which my friend had arranged.

Comments:

There are 0 Taufu Eaters for Wong Tai Sin - Hong Kong @ Day 4