Lebanese Food, AL-Amar @ Pavilion

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , , , | Posted On Monday, August 10, 2009 at 12:33 AM

With my company client around, and they have requested that they wanted to dine Lebanese food, and just thought of Al-Amar as I always walk pass a lot of times and just wonder how the food taste like. So got this opportunity to try out.


When you walk past the first section, its a very cosy area to dine in.

I just like their interior design, very well decorated with some middle east item on the wall.



With the middle east wordings on in and the best part is in the menu I don even like understand what it writes and the only thing I understand is lamb, beef, and some simple words.

My order was 'Ice Tea', RM 10 which I feel is very light in taste. Add in some sugar syrup it just taste weird.

'Soup of the Day' taste of the soup is more like veggie soup. Guess I don know how to enjoy this. RM14

I cannot remember what is this called in the middle east terms but you eat this with the fluffy bread that they provide is nice. Goes along very well.

'Hot Bread' Middle east style which is FOC and you can eat as many as you want.
I do not really like 'Lamb Sausages', it was cook inconsistent. There is one piece taste very nice rich with lamb aroma and mint taste yet juicy, the rest some is dry, some tasteless, just that I have taste better 1 before. RM22

'French Fries' is their favourite. Nothing special to comment on. RM10

'Lamb Kabsa' is Steamed Marinated Lamb Meat served with tomato rice which cost at RM44. To what I feel is the meat is soft and tender yet juicy with some tomato puree that pour upon but it is quite plain. I find it nothing fancy.

What I feel for is that the 'Mixed Grill' which cost RM58 per plate is pretty expensive that filles with Tawouk, Beef fillet, and Katta skewers. All those skewers are a bit dry, eat it with bread is even dryer, even though the client said is good but I find it is bad with price they charge and the amount they served is so little.

For me, I still find that AL Diafah at Sri Petaling is nicer. The bill comes with no gov tax but add in service charge 10%

-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 5/10, So So nia......~-Stamped-

--Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
Al-Amar
(Halal)
6th FloorPavilion
KLJalan Bukit Bintang
Kuala Lumpur
Tel: 03-2166 1011

Comments:

There are 9 Taufu Eaters for Lebanese Food, AL-Amar @ Pavilion