Restaurant Fu Lai @ Kuchai Lama

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , , | Posted On Monday, August 3, 2009 at 12:46 AM

My friend told me that the tim sum here is nice, so they brought me here for supper few weeks ago. I did pass here couple of times and realize that most of the time also quite packs with ppl during night. Its also one of the place you can find open till early morning.

We prefer to sit outside rather than inside cuz inside is like sauna…


The worker were busy preparing taking orders for those who dine in and ta pauz.

What is written on the wall, I have no idea except the numbers and with RM sign there sure know that we have to pay!

Not like any other tim sum restaurant which the cart their food around, but here instead of using cart to move around, they use tray and asking each table one by one. There are only 3 trays to choose from.



The ‘Siew Mai’ here just taste normal, noting to comment on.

‘Har Kau’ here whereby the skin is thicker than the prawns, it makes you feel like you are eating skin rather than prawns.
‘Chicken Leg’ taste a bit weird, as got the ‘tau si’ taste is so strong and a bit spicy, and a thick layer of oil floating on it, just makes me want to abundant this dish. But the taste is so so only.

‘Prawn Salad’ where they skin was fried till crispy, but the portion is quite small, one kid also can finish all 3. Dip it with the mayonnaise given, works up to be better..

‘Loh Pak Kou’ turns out to be my favorite choice of the night. It was warm, like just got fried up from the hot wok, outer layer is abit crispy and its soft in the inside.

‘HK Chee Cheong Fun’ which we feel the skin is abit thicker or just feel like not fully steam. The chili given I don prefer and I only took one piece from it.

‘Loh Mai Kai’ looks good but taste so so. The chicken in it, taste a bit weird. Like the taste of the lou mai kai and the chicken cannot combine together. Only ate a few bites also.

‘Char Siew Pau’ taste rather good, as inside is filled with wet char siew sauce, and the mince meat you can bite it and drink it with thick tea is nice.

‘Wu Tau Kok’, the crust on it is quite crispy,one bite most of the ting will fall down. It feels like you are eating one egg with more ingredients inside but to me, I still feel no comment on this.

Overall, I think this food is overrated by my friend. For me, I it taste so so only. I would prefer to hunt for other tim sum. With the pricing charge on it, noting to complain about as it is quite cheap.

-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 5/10, So So laah ~-Stamped-

--Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
Restaurant Fu Lai
1G, (GF) Jalan 2/116B,
Kuchai Entrepreneurs Park,
Off Jalan Kuchai Lama,
58200 Kuala Lumpur,
Tel: 03-7983 6851
Operating Hours:5.30pm-3am

Comments:

There are 2 Taufu Eaters for Restaurant Fu Lai @ Kuchai Lama