Kedai Makana Lau Heng Kee @ Off Jalan Klang Lama

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , | Posted On Tuesday, August 18, 2009 at 12:05 AM

It was lunch time and Jon mention that, kia..we go eat here. I saw this place doing promo. Then the rest of us which is the K&K gang also follow.(sounds like gangsters). When reach this place, I remember that I my other friend had brought me here makan the Wan Tan Mee.

It was the stretch of shop that I drive pass when I go to Steven’s Corner.

This is the promo where Jon mention~

A complimentary soup which I feel a bit tasteless, free refill tim. . . .


Every 1 of us order individual dish then share among the rest. This is ‘Sweet and Sour Pork’ which the portion is very interesting, very little and small and only manage to fit 1 person’s stomach ngam ngam. It was deep fried to a level of crispiness and with the sauce covered on it, its very well to eat along.

‘Taufu’ is the next serving which the gravy is starchy, and noting special to comment on it.

I like this veggie, which fried and with wok hei in there, yet still preserve the freshness of the veggie.

What I feel the most worth it of all dishes in it was this ‘Fish in Spicy Sauce’ RM9.90 with the portion is more than its value, yet it is steam fresh.

I suddenly forgot this name of it but it was one of the favorite, was quickly grab after it got served.

‘Fried Squid with Kam Heong’ is not bad, even though the squid ring is little but was fried very well and the kam hiong aroma soak into it.

The portion is quite small but with the name promotion on it, so could not expect more. The price range is from RM6.90 - RM9.90.

-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 6/10,Not Bad~-Stamped-

--Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
Kedai Makanan Lau Heng Kee
Jalan Lazat 2,
Off Jalan Klang Lama,
58200 Kuala Lumpur

With all the portion so small, all of us had not enough after the lunch. Then Karen wanted to buy Ham Chi Peng just at the junction of this road which is pretty good. So stop there to ta pauz.

The auntie is very funny and friendly seeing me equip with camera, she said that a lot ppl come to her stall to take pic on their items. Then I said, I also take for you guys..laii..poseeee… then ended up she pose cooking.
Then the uncle also very funny, me lei… ok, this is how you go. I love this stall, it covers variety of the goreng goreng stuff.

'Kuih Nin Kou' been deep fried well, and when you bite it, the nin kou will flow out but I find the yam is a bit raw.

‘Butterfly and the Ham Chi Peng’

‘Yau Char Guai’ which is soft and fresh from the wok. Must eat it while you can. Do not ta pauz back then when its cold then will be lembik lembik. On that time good for old folks without teeth to bite.

I cant remember what is this already cuz didn’t buy.

I like their ‘Loh Pak Kou’. Soft on the inside and filled with small dry shrimps and nuts in it.

‘Fried Popiah’ didn’t tapau. So no comment. . :) The price came out to be quite cheap yet is nice. Don mind returning again. The price range from RM0.40-RM2

-= Ka Ching =-
Food Rating 6.5/10,Not Bad~-Stamped-

--Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
(at junction of Jalan Lazat & Jalan Lazat 2,)
Off Jalan Klang Lama,
58200 Kuala Lumpur

Comments:

There are 0 Taufu Eaters for Kedai Makana Lau Heng Kee @ Off Jalan Klang Lama