Kedai Kopi Lam Ah @ Beach Street, Pg

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , , , , , , | Posted On Sunday, January 24, 2010 at 11:13 PM

Being a guy from Penang, truly I have not really discover much about Penang food until CK bring the rest of us to a few places and indeed only understand that actually Penang has a lot of good food to offer. The first stop of my last holiday was to Beach Street whereby I used to pass here most of the time and did not even realize that, this small coffee shop has great food to offer that just located directly infront of the fire station.

Kam Ah

The shop start their business quite early and while we were there was already around 11something an it was full house but our luck was there on that day, manage to spot a very last table in that shop.

Kam Ah (2)

What was highly recommended by CK was this particular ‘Nutmeg Drink’ which is the signature drink of the shop. The drink was blended nutmeg purely added with asam boi and water added up the whole cup. I cant really take the flavor of nutmeg because of the taste but in this coffee shop, I just drank 2 glass. Very refreshing and thirst quencher that suits the hot weather in this area. RM 2.50

Kam Ah (3)

While I was seated down, and I notice this beef noodle seriously enjoying brisk business, non stop the customer pouring in, dining in and ta pauz.

Kam Ah (4)

You will never see a hawker owner which cooks till so happy yet passionate on what they do every day yet very friendly to their customer.

Kam Ah (5)

Here am I enjoying my well prepared beef noodle for my breakfast.

Kam Ah (6)

The taste of the soup base is quite mild yet suiting to most people who dislike strong flavor but I just love my bowl that filled with soft koey teow noodle and mee yet with most of the beef spare parts (tender beef slice, softly braised cow stomach and beef balls) RM 7 for a small bowl which is enough for me.

What CK told me was, if you want a strong aromatic flavour which I like it alot should go after 12.30pm which most of the beef was already soak into the soup that makes the soup base stronger taste. Best time to go around 1.00-1.30pm.

Kam Ah (7)

Another stall that must not miss which is the ‘Fried Oyster’.

Kam Ah (8)
Frying the base of the egg in the hot plate.

Kam Ah (9)

We had to plate, we started on with the ‘Crispy Fried Oyster’. Crispy on all the edge of the egg yet we just enjoying the crunch inside our mouth yet enjoying every piece of the oyster, dipping in with the chili sauce given just add on the extra taste. We enjoy bite of it.

Kam Ah (10)

Next plate to introduce was the original ‘Fried Oyster’ soft version a bit jelly’ish. My first encounter was this plate then only later found out that I love the crispy version more. RM5

Surely it was a good experience for breakfast yet I will come again around lunch time to try on their thicker version of soup base but the parking in the area is a pain in the ass. Have to park whenever you see a spot and walk over. Thanks to CK for bringing me and BBO to this place.

-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 7.5/10, Quite Good ah~-Stamped-

--Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
Kedai Kopi Lam Ah
Beach Street,
10300, Penang
(at the junction of Beach and Chulia Street-In front of Fire Station)

Comments:

There are 5 Taufu Eaters for Kedai Kopi Lam Ah @ Beach Street, Pg