7-Village Koay Teow Teng @ Bukit Mertajam

Posted by Taufulou | Labels: , | Posted On Wednesday, January 27, 2010 at 12:25 AM

new stock arrival at : bab3love.blogspot.com
Penang food have slowly evolve into restaurant and café’s that recently my friend introduce me to this very new shop at Bukit Mertajam in this new area.

7-Village

7-Village (2)

Very well decorated café I would say with indoor and outdoor area to accommodate smokers or during the hot weather in the afternoon.

7-Village (3)

When I see the menu on the wall, the price is pretty shocking, with this kind of place charge street hawker price which is surely impressive.

7-Village (4)

My friend is a big fan of their '7-Village Koay Teow Soup' which told me I must try, yet I think not much choices to choose from but charging at RM 2.70 which I still think you could not get this price any where in this kind of cafe.

It’s a home cook style base koay teow soup, that add in pork chucks and the soup base is pretty sweet by the instant cooking. Fish ball is soft which taste like home made yet I just enjoy my bowl of noodle.

7-Village (5)

Not full after eating that miniature version of it which is kinda Penang style then look at the menu to order more which caught my attention is 'Loh Bak Traditional' RM 1.20 and 'Kwan Jiang Traditional' RM0.60

Quite impress with how the put their signature by using the chili sauce.

7-Village (6)

The taste of lobak is not bad, just that I have eaten better ones before but I love their ‘kwan jiang’ which taste more like ‘loh pak kou’. Soft and a bit chewy yet dip with chili sauce is good.

After I finish eating and I kaypo a bit in this shop to look what is so special with this shop but one thing sure is very special that now days, most of us are bz working or prefer to use our phone till battery near flat only then charge is to pro long our battery life, in this café, you need not to worry as they have a mini station of phone charger…. Tadaaaaa…..

7-Village (7)

Price is pretty cheap compare with other café’s or restaurant. Do not mind to go back there again for another round.

-= Ka Ching =-

Food Rating 6.5/10, Not bad lah~-Stamped-

--Warning-- This is based on my individual taste. Try it at your own risk-

Location:
7-Village Restaurant
Jalan Bayu Mutiara 1,
Bukit Mertajam,
Penang

Comments:

There are 3 Taufu Eaters for 7-Village Koay Teow Teng @ Bukit Mertajam